About the Position
Working at Global Cloud is more than a job - you will be touching lives as we enhance DonorDrive and provide custom web solutions for our clients. Our creative environment is the right mix of serious quality work and fun that naturally leads to product innovation for our clients. We’ve always been driven by a passion to create the most effective solutions for our clients and we do that every day.
ARE YOU AN ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT/BOOKKEEPER LOOKING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT A GROWING COMPANY? ARE YOU OBSESSIVE ABOUT DETAILS AND ACCURACY? IF SO, WE WANT YOU!
As the Accounting Administrative Assistant with Global Cloud, you will be responsible for supporting our Finance Manager with the accurate presentation of financial statements, posting compliant and accurate transactions to the general ledger, and assisting with other accounting and office projects as needed.
- Record and properly classify accounts payable and credit card transactions
- Record and properly classify accounts receivable transactions
- Perform checks and balances for processes such as invoices, banking, and payables
- Administer the process for past due client accounts and collections
- Post payroll journal entries
- Process ACH transactions
- Order office supplies
- Assist with the monthly close procedure
- Assist with the annual financial review and tax return filings
- Respond to client billing inquiries
- Assist with generating reports and other special projects as needed
- Maintain orderly records and file system
- Prepare quarterly OHIO CAT return
- Develop or assist in developing internal control procedures
- Introduce better accounting procedures or improve speed of existing procedures
- Other duties as assigned and needed
- Technical aptitude: working knowledge of various computer programs (experience with Google Apps for business and Salesforce.com preferred but not required), proficiency with cloud based accounting software (such as Quickbooks or Intacct), and moderate competency in Excel
- Accounting knowledge: Strong understanding of accrual accounting, including prepaid expenses and deferred revenue, and understanding of depreciation and amortization concepts
- Excellent verbal/written communication proficiency, with the ability to communicate directly with clients regarding account and billing inquiries
- Organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Process oriented - ability to prioritize workflow and follow processes and procedures
- Initiative - motivation to seek out new responsibilities, learn additional skills, and stay abreast of changing accounting trends and techniques
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-3 years of related experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- Prior experience working in software or a related industry is preferred but not required
- Experience with the migration of an accounting general ledger to a new system preferred but not required
- Experience with consolidated reporting preferred but not required
AS PART OF OUR TEAM, YOU CAN EXPECT
- Enthusiastic collaboration and guidance
- Exposure to new technologies from industry experts
- Open communication with passionate and respected team leaders
- Opportunities to take on more and more challenging projects
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
No recruiters or staffing agencies, please.